When a chronic autoimmune condition is so severe that it cannot be effectively treated by oral medications, your doctor may prescribe infusion therapy. This means that a drug is administered intravenously.
AGA provides infusion therapy to treat patients with autoimmune disorders, such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, plaque psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis. We also offer iron infusions to treat anemia in both adult and pediatric patients.
Therapeutic drugs we offer include:
- CIMZIA® – a lyophilized biologic injection for treatment of moderate to severe Crohn’s disease
- ENTYVIO® – a new biologic treatment for adults with moderate to severe Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis who have had inadequate responses to conventional therapies for their symptoms
- INJECTAFER® – an iron supplement that helps replenish adult and pediatric patients with an iron deficiency
- REMICADE® – a biologic for treatment of moderate to severe Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis in both adults and pediatric patients
- STELARA® – a new biologic for treatment of moderate to severe Crohn’s disease
- VENOFER® – an iron supplement that helps replenish adult and pediatric patients with an iron deficiency
If you have been referred for infusion services, our staff will keep you informed about your visit and answer any questions you may have. For more on various biologic therapies, visit the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
Infusion services are available at these AGA locations:
To contact our infusion coordinator, call: 404.257.9000 ext. 2108
Please note: AGA will perform a courtesy verification of insurance benefits prior to scheduling your infusion appointment to confirm coverage of the particular therapy your physician prescribed. As an added measure, it’s encouraged that patients also verify their individual benefits.